Thanks for creating this practical program. It has provided a great overview of the HCD process. Look forward to using the tools provided in the Playbook.
Thanks for creating this practical program. It has provided a great overview of the HCD process. Look forward to using the tools provided in the Playbook.Read Less
Thank you friends for sharing some of your insights into a learner-oriented approach to instructional design.
Thank you friends for sharing some of your insights into a learner-oriented approach to instructional design.Read Less
This is the expansion pack for the HCD Playbook. Think of it like its older sibling with more knowledge and experience to share. It's structured like an online course.
- Design solutions that create high return on investment.
- Confidently know your worth and how you contribute to better results.
- Master all that goes into creating better learning solutions immediately without spending the time to research blogs, books and videos.
- Influence stakeholders and get their buy-in through effective communication, which demonstrates the value of your work and your solution.
- Launch a solution that is contextual to the needs of your learners and your organisation/customer.
- Launch a solution that makes a difference, changes behaviour and matches or exceeds expectations.
“Love getting practical info that just makes the light bulb in my head light up!”Ashanti
“I can’t even begin to explain the value that HCD has added to me! I would not be where I am as an instructional designer without it! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼”Hannah
“Well organized, delivered session. Loved it. Thank you.”Chris
“Simple, easy to follow and all in one place. So excited to apply this! 🤩”Victoria
“Amazing presentation and great tips we can apply today!”Antoinette
Instructional designers and eLearning developers who want to:
Create solutions that meet the needs of their users and in turn solve business problems.
Incorporate a Human-centred Design approach into their design process.
Create solutions that engage, impact and change the behaviours of the users they are designing for.
A self-paced online Human-centred Design course for instructional designers and learning and development practitioners featuring:
- Our 72 page Human-centred Design playbook (in an easy to edit PowerPoint format) for instructional designers and learning and development practitioners featuring:
- The Human-centred Design step-by-step approach that we are known for and use so that you can apply it to your projects.
- 13 ready to complete templates for individual or workshop use.
- 6 preparation guides to help you prepare for activities and workshops.
- 1 script template to help you communicate why a Human-centred Design approach to an initiative is important.
- An example of each of the above to clarify expectations of the steps you need to take in order to deliver an effective solution.
This course has been designed by the founder of Belvista Studios, Kim Tuohy, in partnership with Hannah Grennan, a learning experience designer in the Belvista Studios team (with a background in Psychology, as well as an interest in humans and how we design for them).
Kim and Hannah have a strong interest in Human-centred Design and have been researching the approach, presented to others in the industry on how to apply it and ultimately have incorporated it into the processes that they use for projects at Belvista Studios.
Both Kim and Hannah are inspired to share their knowledge and experience of using Human-centred Design and feel confident that it will add value to others in the industry.
Stakeholders are my biggest challenge. Will this course help with that?
Yes and no. For more specific stakeholder management strategies, we recommend joining the ultimate kit or cohorts that we run on HCD. In these, we spend a lot of time coaching you with scripts to respond and influence stakeholders more effectively with.
What if I cannot gain access to my users?
That’s ok. Activities can be based on assumptions and research, allowing you to empathise to a certain extent without jumping in and designing something for them without considering them at all.
Are there any types of projects where Human-centred Design does not add value?
We haven’t come across any yet.
Can I connect with your team for further support and coaching throughout this process?
You may want to take advantage of the many other ways you can interact with us, such as Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. For coaching, see the packages under "Coaching" by returning to the home page of the creator hub.